Sunday, May 13, 2007

Proud to be a porter!!

12 April, 2007
My duty was carrying the luggage and learning about the first aid training during the seven days trip. I was less nervous while I was starting the trek because that was my first trip and hadn't any experience about being porter in the Nepal Himalayas. The friendly behave with otehr peoples such as other Nepalese staffs, other trekkers, lodges and guesthouses staffs made me easy any comfortable. Our guests behaved us as a friend more than porter. The slogan of our company had "If you don't look after your porters, who will?". I felt myself reality with this slogan while I trekked with "Himalayan Humanity Trekking (P.) Ltd" and its clients. At the end, I felt proudly myself of being porter of my company where I am working.

No comments: